Publications & Prizes
- 2020 – “At First, I Wanted To Marry Jesus,” “The Ghost of Mother,” “Little Bird,” “When Talking With An Ex-Husband Who Has Died.” Poetry, The Raw Art Review – Finalist in The Doug Draime Prize for Poetry. Forthcoming.
- 2020 – “A Mother With Signs of Dementia,” “I Dream of Summer With My Dead Daughter,” Poetry, Finalists in the 2020 American Writers Review Contest.
- 2020 – Full-Length Book of Poetry, Lessons From An Ordinary Life, Semi-Finalist – Two Sylvias Press Wilder Prize.
- 2019 – Full-Length Book of Poetry, Naked With The Fan Running, Finalist – The Hillary Gravendyk Prize from Inlandia Institute
- “The Pumpkin Patch,” Fiction, Two Sisters Writing & Publishing, Contest Winner. Online & Anthology.
- 2017 – “Breaking Apart”, Essay, ESME’s Annual Showcase Awards, 2nd Place
- RAY BRADBURY FELLOWSHIP for fiction. Double finalist for two different short stories in 2002.
- New Century Writer Award
- NCWA Nominated in 2002 for the best essay on children’s literature in the CSUN program.