Get the Word Out is a publicity incubator for debut authors. Under the mentorship of an accomplished book publicist, authors will develop and execute a strategic publicity plan to maximize the exposure of their first book, reach readers, and create a platform to propel their literary careers.
Congratulations to Federico Erebia, Kristen Gentry, Anita Gail Jones, Chin-Sun Lee, Magogodi Makhene, Mark Pothier, Shannon Sanders, Brenda Wilson, Lauren Yero, and Ada Zhang, our 2022 Get the Word Out inaugural fiction cohort! Read the press release here.
The Publicity Mentor for the 2022 Fiction cohort is Lauren Cerand.
Cerand has twenty years of experience running her own thriving global communications consultancy, driven by an intensive personal focus on each client’s needs and desires, a vast network of relationships, and unparalleled expertise and ingenuity. She helps creative professionals to connect with audiences and inspire community, often through the lens of media. Cerand has advised writers, artists, publishers, and media and cultural organizations that are household names throughout her career and guided many more that are still finding their path. After two decades in New York and a year in Florence, Italy, she now lives in Baltimore and continues to work internationally. For more information, visit LaurenCerand.com.
Get the Word Out participants will:
- Participate in a six-session online publicity workshop led by an experienced book publicist
- Attend six online seminars with leading professionals in publicity, marketing, sales, and related professions
- Devote considerable time outside of scheduled sessions to promoting their book
- Contribute to a peer learning community by sharing what works and what doesn’t, helping each member of the cohort to amplify their impact
There is no application fee and no cost to those who are invited to participate.
Poetry Cohort – Spring 2023
- January 9 – Application Opens
- Feburary 3 – Application Deadline
- March 7 – Poetry Cohort Announced
- March 9 – Poetry Cohort Orientation
- April 3 – Poetry Publicity Incubator Begins
- June 23 – Poetry Publicity Incubator Ends
For questions and more information about Get the Word Out, please contact email@example.com.
Get the Word Out is supported, in part, by generous contributions from Leonard & Louise Riggio and Macmillan Publishers.