The Best Ways to Reach Creative Writers
PDF for Download: P&W Media Kit
Poets & Writers Magazine has a readership of 100,000 literary writers.
Advertising in our classified section is an affordable way to reach our audience.
Online and E-newsletter Ads
Our website features content from Poets & Writers Magazine, a directory of over 10,000 authors, and databases of grants and awards, literary magazines, small presses, literary agents, and MFA programs. Our e-newsletter goes out to over 80,000 subscribers every two weeks.
Our online Job Listings allow you to advertise openings for faculty, editors, copywriters, proofreaders, and interns.
Upcoming Issues and Deadlines
- Classifieds Deadline: December 15
- Display Reservation Deadline: January 3
- Ad Copy Deadline: January 10
- On Sale Everywhere: February 27
The March/April issue features Writing Communities.
- Classifieds Deadline: February 15
- Display Reservation Deadline: February 15
- Ad Copy Deadline: February 22
- On Sale Everywhere: April 30
*Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) writers, editors, and literary organizations supporting BIPOC writers receive 25% off classified advertisements!
Ready to Purchase a Display or Online Ad?
If you're ready to purchase a display ad or want to learn more, e-mail the Ad Department, or call us at (212) 226-3586 x210.
Ready to Purchase a Classified?
To purchase a classified ad, please use our online form or e-mail email@example.com. Job Listings can be submitted here. If you have questions, please e-mail the Ad Department or call (212) 226-3586 x219.
Where to Buy Poets & Writers Magazine
Poets & Writers Magazine is sold in Barnes & Noble, Whole Foods, and hundreds of independent literary bookstores and newsstands.
About Our Readers
Our readers are serious about writing, in addition to being active readers:
- 76% purchase 11 or more books per year.
- 42% purchase more than 22 books per year.
- 77% subscribe to at least one literary journal.