Clade Song is a space dedicated to the literary examination of the animal world and all of its behavioral niches from the bacterial mat to the predation of the auk, all of which impact and interrelate with the humanosphere.
At Clade Song we are interested in the evolution of poetry from the phoneme outwards, from raw, exclamatory yelping to the insect hymns sung to enshrine the concrete and the nonce.
Please submit up to a total of 5 previously unpublished poems, .mp3 files, or compressed video files.
• Poems should be typed in an easy-to-read 12 point font.
• If your poem(s) is/are over one page in length, please indicate stanza breaks between pages.
• .mp3 files and compressed video files should not exceed more than 3 MB per e-mail
• Accompany your submission with a brief cover letter that includes a biographical note and contact information including your name, address, email, and telephone number with area code.
• We accept submissions via e-mail only
Please submit your work as a single Word file attachment (.doc) or .rtf, (.mp3), and/or compressed video file [160 x 120].