The Letters Page literary journal is published by the University of Nottingham School of English, and edited by writer in residence, Professor Jon McGregor. It is interested in exploring what letter writing means to people—and has meant since writing was invented—in their literary cultures and their personal lives. It publishes essays, memoirs, fiction, travelogue, reportage, poetry, criticism, interview, any creative form of writing, so long as it comes to them framed as a letter.
Tips From the Editor
- The letter should be handwritten on a single side of A4 (or your local equivalent), and sent in the post, with a return address on the back of the envelope.
- You may include illustrations.
- Enclose contact details on a separate sheet.
- A transcript may be requested.
- The letter should be addressed to a notional “reader”; the letter should not address or refer to the editor.
- The letter should include some reference to the time/place of its writing and/or sending.
- Your submission should be postmarked with a date no later than the stated deadline for submissions.