The Best Ways to Reach Creative Writers
Poets & Writers Magazine has a readership of over 100,000 literary writers.
Advertising in our classified section is an affordable way to reach our audience.
Online and E-newsletter Ads
Our website features online-only content from Poets & Writers Magazine, a directory of over 9,200 authors, and databases of grants and awards, literary magazines, small presses, literary agents, and MFA programs. Our e-newsletter goes out to over 70,000 subscribers every two weeks.
Our online Job Listings allow you to advertise openings for faculty, editors, copy writers, proofreaders, and interns.
Upcoming Issues and Deadlines
- Classifieds Deadline: August 15
- Display Reservation Deadline: August 30
- Ad Copy Deadline: September 6
- Publication Date: October 5
The November/December issue features Independent Publishing.
*Authors advertising their books in this issue receive up to 40% off! See special rates here.
- Classifieds Deadline: October 15
- Display Reservation Deadline: October 25
- Ad Copy Deadline: November 2
- Publication Date: December 7
The January/February issue features Inspiration.
Ready to Purchase a Display or Online Ad?
If you're ready to purchase a display ad or want to learn more, e-mail the Ad Department, or call us at (212) 226-3586 x210.
Ready to Purchase a Classified?
To purchase a classified ad, please use our online form or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Job Listings can be submitted here. If you have questions, please e-mail the Ad Department or call (212) 226-3586 x219.
Where to Buy Poets & Writers Magazine
Poets & Writers Magazine is sold in Barnes & Noble, Whole Foods, and hundreds of independent literary bookstores and newsstands.
About Our Readers
Our readers are serious about writing, in addition to being active readers:
- 76% purchase 11 or more books per year.
- 42% purchase more than 22 books per year.
- 77% subscribe to at least one literary journal.