We seek your most raw emotionally intense and intimate essays, work you hesitate to send elsewhere, but that you know deep down is the realest deal of all. We want to share your story, know what it's like to be you--to wear your shoes, and be grateful for it. Writers & visual artists of all kinds are encouraged to submit. Reprints are accepted. New and emerging writers, writers of color, LGBT and other marginalized voices and given thoughtful consideration.
Tips From the Editor
We Accept Unsolicited Submissions of:
- Flash Memoir: up to 500 words
- Memoir, Personal Essay, Creative Nonfiction, Excerpts: up to 3,000 words on any subject or theme.
- Reviews and Interviews: up to 2,000 words.
- Craft Essays: up to 3000 words
- Visual Art: fine art, illustrations, comics, photography, graphic storytelling and visual narratives