Writers in the Schools (WITS) is seeking a full-time Administrative Coordinator. The Administrative Coordinator will join a dynamic team of nonprofit administrators, creative thinkers, arts educators, writers, and artists. For more information about the organization, visit witshouston.org.
The Administrative Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and Associate Director. The position is full-time (40 hours/week) and comes with a generous benefits package.
- Providing administrative support for a dynamic nonprofit organization in Houston, Texas, with a creative staff of writers and administrators.
- Serving as the primary point of contact between the public, WITS writers, and WITS staff.
- Leading Salesforce database management, tracking schools, donors, readings, and events.
- Managing the logistics of all WITS events, including orientations, trainings, readings, workshops, and meetings.
- Leading logistic support and database management for Creative Writing Camp and the Celebration of Story benefit.
- Performing internal communications, answering phones, directing calls and correspondence, managing calendars, and greeting and assisting visitors.
- Maintaining WITS databases.
- Accounting duties, including recording and depositing incoming funds, assisting with billing, and tracking time sheets.
- Supporting WITS writers with classroom resources, the WITS library, and through assistance with time sheets and payroll.
- Overseeing office maintenance, including organization, security, phones, supplies, refreshments, software, and technology.
- Providing additional administrative support, as needed.
- The Administrative Coordinator will check in with the Executive Director and Associate Director daily and report on activities and project status to the E.D. on a weekly basis. The Administrative Coordinator will also update organizational teams with pertinent news and progress on a project-based basis.
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- 2+ years of database and office software applications experience
- Proficiency in Spanish a plus
- Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience, range: $30,000–$33,000 annually
- Health, Life, Dental, and Disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Professional development opportunities
- Paid vacation and personal time off
- Creative, inspiring, and supportive work environment
To apply, please submit a résumé or CV and a cover letter to Jack McBride:
Mail: 1523 West Main Street, Houston, Texas, 77006
WITS Administrative Coordinator