Publications & Prizes
• "Cold sun" by Donna Fleischer received the Nagoya City, 2014 Japan Board of Education Award for Best Haiku, selected by Dr. Kōko Katō, editor and publisher of Kō*, appearing in Kō, 28:4 with her commentary. 2014.
• First Place $500 Award Recipient for Under the Basho 2014 Haiku Contest.
• "The Black Swans of Ellen Carey: Of Necessary Poetic Realities" by Donna Fleischer is the catalogue essay to the exhibition, Let There Be Light: The Black Swans of Ellen Carey, and includes the poem of ekphrasis, "The Red Photogram", by Donna Fleischer, based on "The Red Photogram" by Ellen Carey — Eastern Connecticut State University, publisher, 2014. Catalogue and essay may be viewed at http://bit.ly/1dj0gV1.
• Semi-Finalist, Naugatuck River Review 2013 Poetry Competition.
• Honourable Mention, Vancouver Cherry Blossom Haiku Invitational (2013).
• Semi-Finalist, Naugatuck River Review 2012 Poetry Competition.
• Recipient of the Merit 2011 Honorable Mention for Best Anthology, "seed packets" Anthology of Flower Haiku. Windsor, CT, bottle rockets press, 2010. 5 x 6.5 inches, 100 pages, perfectbound. ISBN 978-0-9792257-4-1. Stanford M. Forrester, editor, Donna Fleischer, contributing editor.
• Vancouver Cherry Blossom International Haiku Invitational 2011 Honorable Mention.
• South by Southeast Editors’ Choice Award for Haiku, 2010.
• University of Hartford 1987 Creative Writing Award for Poetry.