Looking to publish your book?
This comprehensive guide provides an overview of how books are acquired, edited, and published, so that you can make informed decisions as you begin to navigate the path to publication.
Updated for 2022 and including four new articles, our guide to the book deal is the essential resource for understanding how the publication process works, including:
- How books are acquired by editors
- What to look for in a publishing contract
- An overview of book advances
- The advantages of independent publishing
- How to sell your short story collection
- How to write a nonfiction book proposal
- When to turn down the deal
- The challenge of getting blurbs
- The author's role in book jacket design
- Advice from literary agents
This file is in PDF format and requires Adobe Reader, available free from Adobe Systems, or other software capable of reading PDF files.
- Price: US$ 4.99
- Page count: 64
- Publication date: May 2, 2022
- File format: PDF (Adobe Reader)