Thinking of getting your MFA?
Poets & Writers is here to help.
This essential handbook, revised and updated for 2022, provides everything you need to know about the MFA, with topics including:
- Points to consider before you apply.
- How to decide where to apply.
- Application advice from a former program director.
- Six recent graduates on the realities of attending a writing program.
- MFA programs that create a safe, nurturing space for diverse communities.
- The hidden benefits of the no-residency option.
- Tips for getting the most out of an MFA program.
- Advice for entering a graduate program later in life.
- How to remain productive after the MFA.
A collection of articles edited by the staff of Poets & Writers Magazine, this handy resource includes straightforward advice from writers, teachers, and professionals in the literary field, additional resources to help you choose the program that’s right for you, and much more.
Featuring articles by authors:
- Dawn Denham
- Erika Dreifus
- Camille T. Dungy
- Dana Isokawa
- Naomi Jackson
- Susan Jackson Rodgers
- Luis Jaramillo
- Jessica Kashiwabara
- Tom Kealey
- Shannon Reed
- Helen Betya Rubinstein
- Kali White VanBaale
This file is in PDF format and requires Adobe Reader, available free from Adobe Systems, or other software capable of reading PDF files.
- Price: US$ 4.99
- Page count: 84
- Publication date: Sep 1, 2022
- File format: PDF (Adobe Reader)