- Price: US$ 4.99
- Page Count: 49
- Publication Date: May 2, 2016
- File Format: PDF (Adobe Reader)
Looking to publish your book?
This comprehensive guide provides an overview of how books are acquired, edited, and published, so that you can make informed decisions as you begin to navigate the path to publication.
A collection of articles edited by the staff of Poets & Writers Magazine, our guide to the book deal is the essential resource for understanding how the publication process works, including:
- How books are acquired by editors
- What to look for in a publishing contract
- How the editorial process works
- The advantages of independent publishing
- How to sell your short story collection
- When to turn down the deal
- The challenge of getting blurbs
- The author's role in book jacket design
- When self-publishing may be your path to a book deal
This file is in PDF format and requires Adobe Reader, available free from Adobe Systems, or other software capable of reading PDF files.