Dan Guenther was a captain in the Marine Corps and his Vietnam trilogy is based on his experiences in Southeast Asia. His novel, GLOSSY BLACK COCKATOOS, the 2010 Colorado Authors' League Award selection for Genre Fiction, grew out of experiences in Australia. THE CROOKED TRUTH, his second collection of poetry, was the 2011 Colorado Authors' League award selection for Poetry (Books).
Publications and Prizes
China Wind (Ivy Books, 1990)
Open Range: Poetry of the Reimagined West (Ghost Road Press, 2007), Turning Up The Leaves (Coe Review Press, 2000)
Buffalo Bones, Poetry Australia, Quadrant
Colorado Authors' League 2010 Award for Best Genre Fiction for his novel, GLOSSY BLACK COCKATOOS. Colorado Authors' League 2011 Award for Best Poetry (Book) for his collection of selected poems, THE CROOKED TRUTH.
THE WEB OF LIFE by Fritjof Capra, and ZEN AND THE ART OF MOTORCYCLE MAINTENANCE by Robert Pirsig. Also, the nonfiction book, WANDERING SOULS by Wayne Karlin
1. Wayne Karlin for nonfiction and novels.
2. Karl Marlantes for nonfiction and his novel, MATTERHORN.
3. The poets Les Murray, Norman Dubie, Larry Levis, Robert Bly, and James Wright.
4. Fred Exley for his novel A FAN'S NOTES.
5. Dow Mossman for his lyrical novel THE STONES OF SUMMER
6. All of the novels by Ed Gorman
Please note: All information in the Directory is provided by the listed writers or their representatives.
Listing last updated: September 6, 2015