Heyday is an independent, nonprofit publisher with a focus on California and the American West. We publish nonfiction books that explore history, celebrate Native cultural renewal, fight injustice, and honor nature. Take a look at our list of books (www.heydaybooks.com/books) to learn more about our areas of interest.
Tips From the Editor
Please include the following in your submission:
- A cover letter introducing yourself and your qualifications.
- A brief description of your project.
- An annotated table of contents and list of illustrations (if any).
- Notes on the audiences you are trying to reach and why your book will appeal to them.
- A list of comparable titles and a brief description of the ways your book adds to the existing literature.
- Estimates of your book’s expected length and your timeline for completing the writing.
- A sample chapter.
For more information, go to www.heydaybooks.com/contact and under "Click a section below for more information," click on "Submission Guidelines." No follow-up calls, please.