Our mission is to publish refined poetry by "poets of place," with themes deeply rooted in place. We value refined poetry that is architecturally functional and distinctive on the page. We value poetry that is stripped--burnt down--to its purest state, in both form and context. We value brave poetry that takes risks and, therefore, resonates with a discriminating audience. We value soulful poetry from the core--recited or read aloud--as it was originally intended.
Tips From the Editor
- review the submission guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) posted on our website.
- review past issues of Blast Furnace.
- submit up to three (3) unpublished poems during a call for submissions period.
- provide a brief bio with your poetry submission.
Please do not:
- submit work when the submission period has closed.
- submit poetry with misspellings or glaring grammatical errors.
- submit a piece that has been previously published.
- submit work within the two (2) year period following publication of one or more of your poems in Blast Furnace.