How many times have you put off the thing you want to do most?
We want to show you ways to integrate your passion into your everyday life, to help you recognize that your creative life is part of that life, an essential part, and that you don’t have to give up everything you have in order to pursue your dream.
- Learn practical tools you can use to write with intention, perseverance, focus and clarity
- Listen deeply to your body to discover your authentic self (the reason you’re probably in this whole writing thing in the first place)
- Learn how to use movement and your body as a way into your creative process
- Experience writing as a way to connect with your authentic self
- Be part of a supportive community of peers that is committed to writing and listening together
- Time for you. Just you! (each day you’ll get time to disappear if you want, to explore New Harmony or your writing or yourself)
- Remember not just how it feels to play, but how play can benefit your life
In 2019 we will hold our 8th annual West of the Moon Retreat for writers in historic New Harmony, Indiana. There's gentle morning yoga with a certified instructor, workshops on embodied writing, creativity workshops, your own time and space to write, fun evening events, a public reading in town, and more. But the best part of WOTM is the community of encouraging, supportive writers who become family.