BookPage, a monthly book review based in Nashville, Tennessee, is hiring a full-time children's and YA editor. This editor will work with our editorial team and a roster of freelancers to commission book reviews, author interviews, and themed features for our website, print edition, and e-newsletters.
The ideal candidate would have at least two years of editorial experience in publishing or a related field, as well as an understanding of the children's book market and the YA publishing scene, including the adult crossover market. Necessary skills include a working knowledge of InCopy and a strong grasp of AP Style. Social media experience a plus. Compensation package includes medical insurance, life insurance, and two weeks of vacation. Local candidates preferred; no relocation package.
- Keeping track of upcoming books, by way of trade publications, publicity contacts, etc.
- Selecting the titles for review in the monthly publication and online
- Managing a group of freelance reviewers
- Writing themed features, interviews, or reviews
- Editing and proofing monthly print issue, e-newsletters and online content as needed
- Coordinating monthly Q&As and guest posts
- Maintaining relationships with publicists
Please send a cover letter including desired salary range, resume and any relevant writing samples to Trisha Ping at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Founded in 1988, BookPage is a discovery tool for readers: we highlight the best new books each month. With print and online coverage across many popular genres, BookPage offers something for everyone. Our book reviews, author interviews and special features are informative and accessible, helping every reader discover their next great book.
A national publication headquartered in Nashville's historic Hillsboro Village, BookPage emphasizes teamwork, and we love to have fun. You can expect free bagels on Tuesdays, post-deadline happy hours and more!