The Inter-American Foundation (IAF) is an independent agency of the United States government that provides grants and other assistance to nongovernmental and community-based organizations in Latin America and the Caribbean for innovative, sustainable, and participatory self-help programs.
Apply at www.USAJOBS.gov by December 17, 2018.
The incumbent works as a Writer-Editor in the Office of External and Government Affairs. The work involves drafting and editing a wide variety of publications and communication media including written publications, web, and social media, and requires an understanding of Latin America and the Caribbean and of international development.
- Writes and/or edits material for publications, social media platforms, and the IAF web presence. Writes and/or edits copy that is complex or controversial, using many sources.
- Edits manuscripts, papers, publications, and content for presentation by electronic media. Edits texts of materials to ensure appropriate format and factual accuracy.
- Corrects errors in grammar, spelling, and punctuation, making changes as required to conform to official style guidelines, rewriting sentences or passages as necessary to improve literary quality.
- Resolves inconsistencies in all areas of publications, changing formats in texts as needed, so that they are more effective. Revises and improves literary citations as necessary.
- Reviews artwork accompanying manuscripts with the possibility of suggesting illustrations that are more appropriate. Determines placement of illustrations and photographs.
- Makes certain that legends and captions for illustrations are complete and correct.
- Directs development and production of publications covering a variety of subjects and audiences. Coordinates the progress of work by organizing materials and formats and resolving other problems that might arise during writing.
- Establishes overall production schedule for each publication project to ensure that necessary deadlines are met and that the project remains within its allocated budget.
- Acts as Contract Officer Representative (COR) on a number of contracts and inter agency agreements.
- Responsible for planning, technical specifications, scopes of work, market research, post award administration of the contract. Ensures compliance with federal procurement regulations.