Literary Illustrator Interns receive hands-on practical experience in illustration for publishing and working with published works for a small literary journal. Interns are encouraged to explore projects and illustrating different forms of writing creatively while approaching the conceptualization and art-making process with the tools gained in school.
Who we look for:
Undergraduate or Graduate students who have a passion for writing, literature, and all things poetry; students who are interested in building their portfolio early on and want to learn how to create engaging digital content from published works while exploring illustration in publishing.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Conceptualizing and creating illustrations using the medium of your choice (watercolor, animation, ink, etc.) to generate creative awareness about published works and education about Lucky Jefferson’s mission and initiatives.
- Exploring typography, layout, pattern, and different methods of illustrating published works.
- Assisting with formulating creative concepts and direction for special publication projects.
What You'll Earn:
- College Credit
- A diverse range of artwork to highlight in your professional portfolio
- Experience in developing illustrations for a growing publisher
Anticipated Start Date:
November 09, 2020
If This Is Your Dream:
Please send a resume and a portfolio including at least 3 pieces of completed artwork (a link to your website is perfect, too) that you are proud of sharing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take a tour of our website (luckyjefferson.com) to make sure you are familiar with our work & can see yourself a part of it.
*Note this internship is REMOTE (meaning you can work from anywhere).