Interning at Lucky Jefferson:
Editorial Interns receive hands-on practical experience in managing content for a small literary journal. Interns are encouraged to explore copy-editing, fact-checking, the creation of blog content, issue development, and the support of emerging writers.
Who we look for:
High School, Undergraduate, or Graduate students who have a passion for writing, literature, and all things poetry; current students who are interested in gaining experience early on and want to learn how to creatively manage, edit, and produce engaging and inclusive content while exploring emerging topics in publishing.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Review and track submissions through a submissions manager
- Maintain editorial processes, guidelines, and style guides
- Fact-check author bios and accepted works
- Copyedit upcoming issue(s) and provide creative support for future themes
- Oversee and curate blog content
What You'll Earn:
- College Credit
- Experience in editing and managing content for a growing publisher
Estimated Start Date:
January 04, 2021
If This Is Your Dream:
Please send a resume and 2–3 writing samples (a link to your website is perfect too) that you are proud of sharing to email@example.com.
Take a tour of our website (luckyjefferson.com) to make sure you are familiar with our work & can see yourself a part of it.
Please note, this internship is remote.