The Creative Writing Program at Oberlin College invites applications for a full-time non-continuing faculty position in the College of Arts and Sciences, in the general area of Poetry. Appointment to this position will be for a term of one year, beginning fall semester of 2021, and will carry the rank of Visiting Assistant Professor. We seek candidates with a strong record of achievement in undergraduate teaching, and a firm commitment to diversity and equity in education.
The incumbent will teach a total of five courses in the general area of Poetry.
To apply, candidates should visit the online application site found at https://jobs.oberlin.edu. A complete application will be comprised of
- a Cover Letter describing your teaching, scholarship, mentorship, and service, detailing any connections to supporting an inclusive learning environment;
- a Curriculum Vitae;
- an unofficial graduate transcript;
- a statement detailing your commitment to and experience in diversity and equity in teaching;
- a research statement that includes how you will support undergraduate research and, if applicable, how you might incorporate undergraduate students into your research program;
- Letters of Reference from three recommenders.*
All application materials must be submitted electronically through Oberlin College and Conservatory’s online application process at: https://jobs.oberlin.edu/.
*By providing three letters of reference, you agree that we may contact your letter writers.
Review of applications will begin on 4 January 2021, and will continue until the position is filled. Completed applications received by the 29 January 2021 deadline will be guaranteed full consideration.
Link to job posting and application: https://jobs.oberlin.edu/postings/9747.
Questions about the position can be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or David Walker, Acting Chair of Creative Writing, at 440-775-6567.