The Department of Theatre and Dance at California State University, Los Angeles seeking applications for a full-time tenure-track position as an Assistant Professor of Theatre, with specialty in Playwriting/Socially Engaged Theatre. (Position starting date: August 2020.)
- An earned terminal degree (PhD or MFA) in Theatre (or other closely-related disciplines, including but not limited to Creative Writing, Performing Arts, English, Film) from an accredited institution (or equivalent) is required; however, applicants nearing completion of the terminal degree may be considered. The terminal degree must be completed by the date of appointment (8/20/2020).
- Evidence of successful teaching experience at the College or university level.
- Evidence of professional playwriting experience.
- Evidence of professional work in Devised theatre and/or Theatre-for-Social-Change.
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Evidence of successful teaching experience at the graduate level.
- Evidence of sustained relationships with community partners, including with arts and/or social justice organizations.
For more information and the details of how to apply, please visit: http://www.calstatela.edu/2020/college-arts-letters/al-td-ttf-theatre
Application review begins November 1, 2019, and will continue until the position is filled.
Please email all application materials in a single PDF to: TAD@calstatela.edu. Please type “Theatre and Dance Playwriting Tenure-Track Application” in the subject line.
Please address all questions to the search committee chair Seonagh Kummer at: email@example.com or 323-343-4110.
Note: The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
In addition to meeting fully its obligations under federal and state law, Cal State LA is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can live, work and learn in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual. To that end, all qualified individuals will receive equal consideration without regard to economic status, race, ethnicity, color, religion, marital status, pregnancy, national origin or cultural background, political views, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, age, disability, disabled veteran or Vietnam era veteran status.
An Equal Opportunity/Title IX Employer
Upon request, reasonable accommodation will be provided to individuals with protected disabilities to (a) complete the employment process and (b) perform essential job functions when this does not cause undue hardship.