The Fine Arts Work Center in Provincetown, one of the nation’s leaders in residency programs for emerging artists and writers, seeks a full-time program manager for its Summer Program of workshops and residencies in creative writing and visual arts.This position manages the Summer Workshops, Summer Project Residencies and Returning Residencies of the Fine Arts Work Center. The Summer Program Manager is supported by the Summer Program Assistant who executes tasks related to the Summer Projects Residency, Returning Residency, and Summer Workshops. This position reports to and works in collaboration with the Education Director. The Summer ProgramManager responsibilities relate to program operations and development, budget, marketing, and technology. She and the program assistant are the primary contacts for both students and faculty, with the exception of faculty booking and scheduling.
Full job description is available online at web.fawc.org/employment-opportunities.
- Candidate must have an undergraduate or advanced degree in creative arts or arts administration
- Two years of previous experience managing and developing nonprofit education programs
- Familiarity with creative writing and visual arts professions
- Have a demonstrated history of excellent communications, organizational, and computer skills
- Proficiency with Macintosh computer and applications (Word and Excel preferred, InDesign and Photoshop desired)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Adeptness with technology and the ability to guide others on technology (we are launching a custom online learning platform based in WordPress)
- The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across departments
- An understanding of and enthusiasm for in-person and online learning.
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- An outgoing personality, patience and sense of humor