Lucinda Literary is a literary agency and lecture bureau based in New York. We are currently looking for a high-energy, self-motivated, creative, do-it-all intern with a passion for books and an interest in pursuing a career in publishing. Tasks to include:
- Scouting writers for representation, reading and responding to queries
- Coordinating phone calls; organizing company and author calendars
- Assisting in manuscript and book proposal editing and submissions
- Reserarching event opportunities for authors
- Weekly social media posting for company and client Facebook pages/Twitter feeds
- Writing and/or editing blog posts for the company website
This is primarily an editorial, resesrach, and administrative position ideal for gifted writers and communicators who want to gain experience in the representation side of publishing. Interns will benefit from a diversity of experience transferable to any full-time position in publishing, marketing/PR, or digital.
Requirements: College seniors or graduates with excellent research, writing, and organizational skills. Previous publishing experience a plus, but not required. The internship requires a commitment of 3 days in office per week at our midtown Manhattan location. This is an unpaid internship, but can be used for school credit.
How to Apply: To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and one writing sample by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, marking "Internship" in your subject line. We will contact you for an interview upon considering your application.
Location: 135 E. 57th Street, New York, NY 10022
Deadline: April 5