Zando, a nimble new independent publisher, is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced candidate to lead marketing & publicity efforts for our Zando Young Readers program, spanning Young Adult, Middle Grade, and Childrens.
This is a full-time position based in New York, NY. Zando offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
Founded by publishing executive Molly Stern, Zando is an independent publisher that connects inspiring authors to the audiences they deserve and helps readers find new books to love. Zando collaborates with Catalyst Partners—influential people, platforms and institutions—to acquire and publish books that reflect those partners' deeply held passions and missions. Titles are published both under Partner imprints and Zando’s own brand. Our goal is to bring attention to new and distinctive ideas and writers, spark meaningful cultural conversations, and upend the bestseller list.
Zando is backed by SISTER, the independent studio formed in 2019 by Elisabeth Murdoch, Stacey Snider and Jane Featherstone to develop, produce and invest in visionary storytellers.
Reporting to our Director of Marketing & Imprint Partnerships, you will spearhead the marketing vision for the Zando Young Readers list. You will have the opportunity to oversee all aspects of developing dynamic campaigns. Working closely with colleagues in Editorial, Sales, and Publicity, you will stand up a strategy that amplifies discoverability and engagement among young readers, educators, and gatekeepers while supporting Zando’s mission. Your scope will encompass creative & retail marketing, advertising, educational and library outreach, social media & digital strategy and publicity.
- Conceive, develop, and execute marketing & publicity campaigns for 8-10 books a year, including customized marketing asks for Catalyst Partners
- Lead ideation process for partnerships including research, deck creation and competitive analysis
- Define digital and social strategy for each title including both earned and paid channels
- Coordinate publicity and marketing related book mailings
- Draft press materials for titles
- Orchestrate author tours and appearances at industry events, bookstores, libraries, and festivals
- Maintain publicity and marketing contact and title databases
- Deliver exceptional author and stakeholder care, in-house and externally
- Minimum 4+ years-experience in YA/Childrens Marketing
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to handle, prioritize, and excel at multiple projects and responsibilities
- Ability to communicate effectively and compellingly in both individual and group settings, regardless of audience
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented approach
- Ability to travel to festivals and conferences as needed
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Commitment to elevating and promoting inclusive publishing
- Relationships with key stakeholders and gatekeepers in education and library organizations
- High emotional IQ and confidence navigating the work dynamic with an array of prominent partners and stakeholders
- Energetic, collaborative, flexible, creative, and entrepreneurial
- Self-starting, highly motivated
How to apply:
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Select applicants will then be invited to interview.