Peachtree Publishing Company, Inc. seeks an experienced acquisitions and development editor with the passion and drive to develop her own list. The ideal candidate will have thoughtful, personal literary taste; deep knowledge of the children’s book market; strong communication skills and an established network; and well-developed visual and design instincts.
The Senior Editor will:
- proactively communicate with authors, illustrators, and agents regarding potential projects.
- identify, evaluate, develop, and edit primarily middle grade and young adult fiction and nonfiction.
- evaluate costs, budgets, and schedules with key staff; negotiate contract terms.
- collaborate with design and production staff.
- participate in crafting messages and developing marketing materials in support of list.
- represent individual projects and the list internally and externally.
Knowledge and skills:
- five years’ acquisitions and editorial experience in children’s trade book publishing
- a track record of acquiring and developing titles that are both critically and financially successful
- outstanding editorial and writing skills and attention to detail
- deep understanding of retail, school, and library markets and industry trends
- expertise in building and maintaining strong and productive relationships and collaborating with and mentoring colleagues
- excellent organizational and time-management abilities
Founded in 1977, Peachtree Publishing Company, Inc. produces award-winning children’s books, ranging from picture books to young adult fiction, and nonfiction. Our offices and warehouse are located in midtown Atlanta. We are a small staff interested in growing our company, and passionate about creating well-crafted books for children.