New York University Press seeks a creative, organized, and dynamic Marketing Manager to plan and implement the marketing efforts for titles published in the Social Sciences and Humanities. This individual will establish a vision and drive strategy for the company’s retail campaigns and consumer outreach. Reporting to the Sales and Marketing Director, this position requires executing and revising strategy to meet changing needs and opportunities in the market place. Responsibilities include managing marketing budgets, developing and executing marketing plans, presenting at internal and external meetings, and extensive copywriting and social media marketing. The role requires an incredibly detail-oriented, creative, proactive, and strategic professional able to multi-task, set priorities, and manage a multitude of complex projects within budget and on tight timelines.
Please apply through the NYU Career Board: https://www.nyu.edu/about/careers-at-nyu/administrators-and-staff.html.
The role will be office-based in New York City, but will require occasional travel to academic conferences.
- Create and implement title-specific marketing campaigns for titles in Social Science and the Humanities;
- Collaborate with Marketing Director and other team members to shape overall title strategy and to execute larger initiatives;
- Optimize metadata and publisher keywords for search across all platforms;
- Monitor publishing trends to increase backlist sales;
- Collaborate directly with authors to communicate, refine, and execute marketing plans;
- Manage book promotion plans and budgets that grow and change over time;
- Use integrated marketing strategies to run campaigns on platforms such as AMS, Google AdWords, and Facebook Advertising;
- Write copy and headlines for online retailers (Amazon, B&N, Indiebound) and outlets including author websites, platforms, and e-newsletters;
- Design sell sheets, social media and web graphics, and print and digital advertisements as needed;
- Work closely with publicity to leverage press and develop reactive marketing campaigns and strategies;
- Coordinate marketing with third-party partnerships across disciplines as marketing point person;
- Review and share post-mortem analysis of each measurable campaign for future opportunities;
The successful candidate should have 3–5 years of experience, preferably in academic publishing. This role requires someone who has excellent organizational and time-management skills. Bachelor degree required. In addition, s/he should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Organizational skills/ability to multi-task;
- Experience working on campaigns to reach a consumer audience;
- Excellent project management, communication, budget management, organizational, prioritization, and presentation skills a must;
- Staff management experience a plus;
- Experience working on mobile platforms a plus;
- Social media knowledge and skills;
About Our Company:
A publisher of original scholarship since its founding in 1916, New York University Press publishes titles across the humanities and social sciences. We have award-winning lists in sociology, law, cultural and American studies, religion, American history, anthropology, politics, criminology, media and communication, literary studies, and psychology. NYU Press is a department of the New York University Division of Libraries. We value a diversity of thought, experience and people, and we are committed to a culture of inclusion and respect.