PRESTEL PUBLISHING / DELMONICO BOOKS
Prestel is looking for a very organized, detail-oriented publishing professional to work closely with a small team in fast-paced environment providing support to Publisher and editorial and production teams. Candidate should have a general passion and interest in art and art books as well as an interest in all aspects of publishing.
- Liaise directly and establish good working relationships with DelMonico•Prestel publishing partners
- Prepare contracts, agreements, invoices and liaise with in-house contracts, accounts and royalties teams
- Work closely and provide administrative support to Publisher
- Use title management systems to track book data, status, and schedules
- Provide editorial and proofreading support as necessary
- Work closely with outside designers, copyeditors, proofreaders, and indexers
- Provide support related to logistics for the production team
- Assist with DelMonico Books titles in fall and spring sales catalogues
- Project managing/scheduling
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in or experience with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign with strong Mac background
- Proficiency in MS Office including Excel and basic mathematical skills.
- Possess a high level of personal organization and thoroughness in work
- Detail oriented, very well-organized and able to manage tight schedules.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once, prioritize, meet deadlines, and work independently as well as collaboratively.
- 2+ years professional work experience with relevant administrative, production, or editorial experience preferably within the publishing industry
Educational background required:
- 4 year college degree, equivalent technical school training or equivalent experience
About Prestel and DelMonico Books:
Prestel was founded in 1924 and, with more than 500 English titles in print, is one of the world's leading publishers in the fields of art, architecture, photography, fashion, and design. The company has its headquarters in Munich, offices in New York and London, and an international sales network. DelMonico Books was established by Mary DelMonico in 2009, in partnership with Prestel, and focuses on distinctive art and illustrated books and museum copublications.
Prestel is conveniently located in the Union Square/Flatiron Area. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits--health, dental, 401(k) plan--summer hours, and a paid Christmas week of vacation. More information about Prestel titles can be found at our website www.prestel.com.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter and your resume via email to: email@example.com