Coffee House Press seeks a Publicity and Marketing Assistant to support our communications team with book and author events, awards submissions, email and social media marketing, in-house sales, and customer service. This position also co-coordinates our internship program. The ideal candidate is an adventurous reader and literary-arts enthusiast with strong written and interpersonal communication skills. They excel at detail-oriented work, enjoy collaboration, and take initiative.
Major Areas of Responsibility:Publicity, Marketing, and Sales
With support and supervision of the Publicist and Marketing Manager:
- Plan and coordinate author and in-house events, including virtual events, festivals, and bookstore readings, communicating with authors, organizers, and booksellers.
- Manage awards submissions, working closely with authors and editors for each title.
- Assist in composing press kits and other publicity materials for all titles.
- Assist with publicity mailings.
- Prepare the monthly Coffee House Press newsletter and assist with CHP social media, email newsblasts, and other external communications.
- Maintain the book webpages and events calendar on the CHP website and maintain metadata in distributor database.
- Coordinate the fulfillment of in-house sales, special orders, subscriptions, and event sales with support from interns and other staff; monitor and manage in-house inventory.
- Provide excellent customer service to all CHP customers and constituents.
- Provide general administrative support to the department.
- Other duties, as assigned.
In collaboration with the Development Assistant:
- Coordinate the internship program.
- Review internship applications and interview prospective candidates.
- Arrange and attend weekly check-ins with each intern.
- Design and assign projects for each intern, including their final culminating projects.
- Conduct exit interviews and evaluate areas for improvement in the program.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of one year’s experience in publishing or a skill-transferable industry
- Demonstrated excellence in administration or customer service
- Demonstrated track record of meeting deadlines, coordinating projects, and working with team members
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Desire to be part of a mission-based organization
- Excellent written and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to multitask, work independently, and manage deadlines
- Detail oriented and well organized, with the ability to coordinate and execute projects as part of a team and independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google suites, and database software
- Ability to lift boxes and equipment up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to work from our offices in Minneapolis
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Fluency in HTML
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign
Reporting, Compensation, and Benefits
The Publicity and Marketing Assistant reports to the Publicist and Marketing Manager. This is a full-time staff position based in Minneapolis and includes health and dental benefits. Starting salary is $35,000.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. If you need a reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, résumé, and a list of five works of contemporary literature that are important to you. Applications will be accepted through April 19, 2021.
APPLY HERE: https://coffee-house-press.breezy.hr/