Coffee House Press, an internationally renowned independent publisher, is seeking a full time Publicity & Communications Assistant. The primary responsibility of the Publicity & Communications Assistant is to support the publicity and marketing staff while working closely with all staff to provide administrative and logistical support to the office.
Salary: $30,000 with health and dental insurance, vacation and sick days, and all national holidays
Location: At our office in Minneapolis, MN. Note that this position cannot be filled remotely—please indicate whether you are able to relocate, if applicable to you.
Start date: No later than July 22, 2019
Applications close on June 23, 2019 and will be reviewed on a rolling basis; applicants must be available for interviews (in person or remotely) the week of June 24–28. No phone calls, please.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of one year’s experience in publishing or a skill-transferable industry
- Demonstrated excellence in administration or customer service
- Demonstrated track record of meeting deadlines, coordinating projects, and working with team members
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Desire to be part of a mission-based organization
- Excellent written and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to multitask, work independently, and manage deadlines
- Detail oriented and well organized, with the capacity to coordinate and execute projects as part of a team and independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google suites, and database software
Applicants must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to navigate an office environment
- Must be able to work for an extended period of time at a computer
- Must be able to carry and lift boxes of books and other materials
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Proficiency in major social media platforms, Adobe Suite (especially InDesign and Acrobat), and e-mail marketing platforms a plus
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Monitor office supplies and act as a liaison to service providers including internet, IT, and phone accounts
- Oversee office communication via phone and e-mail
- File records and maintain office organization
- Oversee in-house inventory and all related tasks
- Assist with training and overseeing internship program in tandem with the editorial and production assistant
- Other duties as assigned
Marketing and Publicity
- Coordinate and execute award submissions for all books throughout the calendar year
- Research and submit authors for festivals and coordinate with authors for relevant events
- Carry out and monitor publicity mailings under the supervision of the publicist
- Maintain press kits, publicity records, and publicity metadata for marketing and publicity team
- Manage in-house sales under the supervision of the marketing and sales manager, including special orders, subscriptions, and event sales
- Track author events, create event profiles, and coordinate with authors and booksellers under the supervision of the publicist
- Maintain social media presence on Facebook and other accounts as needed
- Other duties as assigned
How to Apply:
Send resume, cover letter, three references, and a list of your ten favorite works of contemporary literature to Chris Fischbach, email@example.com, by June 23, 2019. Please e-mail the noted account with any questions about this posting.
Coffee House Press is an equal-opportunity employer. We encourage applicants of all races, ethnicities, gender and sexual identities, and disability statuses.