The Publicist will execute innovative campaigns in the areas of food and wine, pop culture, and lifestyle. They will be responsible for all aspects of the campaigns including writing press materials, pitching media, planning author tours/events, and communicating regularly with authors and media to secure on and off-the-book page coverage as well as online media. Other duties will include strengthening and developing media contacts, maintaining author relationships and working closely with in-house departments including editorial, marketing and sales teams.
- Execute national publicity campaigns: book author tours, stand-alone events, and media appearances
- Secure long and short lead media including websites and bloggers
- Write press materials, pull media mailing lists, pitch and secure local media to promote events
- Cultivate ongoing working relationships with key media outlets (print, television, radio, and online)
- Collaborate with marketing department to create a cohesive promotional campaign
- Actively participate in internal publicity, strategy, marketing meetings, sales conferences, and author proposal meetings
- Minimum three years of book publicity experience with a focus on food titles
- Creative, innovative self-starter who can work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to manage multiple titles at a time, and develop campaigns in advance of publication dates
- Strong knowledge of national and regional media (electronic and print)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Bachelor’s degree Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Cision Knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram)
To apply, visit https://www.abramsbooks.com/apply.