The team at NJPAC changes lives every day—through our world-class artistic performances, educational programs and public outreach efforts. Join us and become a part of the exciting cultural renaissance happening right now in Newark, New Jersey.
In the full-time Project Director role, you’ll help launch a brand-new educational initiative that celebrates jazz and poetry in the city of Newark. City Verses: Elevating Voices Through Jazz and Poetry is a three-year, multi-faceted collaboration between NJPAC and Rutgers-Newark that will include in-school and community residencies led by teaching artists, touring assemblies, community poetry workshops and public events.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime career opportunity for someone who’s passionate about the arts and looking to make a mark on our city.
- You’ll manage the planning process, launch and execution of City Verses, serving as liaison between Rutgers-Newark, NJPAC, local school districts, Newark Public Libraries, community members and other partners.
- You’ll provide strategic oversight of calendar and administrative efforts—coordinating meetings, developing program structure and managing deployment timeline.
- You’ll facilitate and attend planning meetings, site visits and performances.
- You’ll oversee all advance work for on and off site programming, including reserving spaces, coordinating with partners, organizing catering, etc.
- You’ll delegate appropriate administrative duties including scheduling, calendar, logistics, payroll, contracts, agreements and schedules.
- You’ll maintain program budgets and expenditures.
A little bit about you:
- You’re a problem solver, a creative thinker, and a natural leader, comfortable “steering the ship” on a brand-new arts program.
- You’re adept with juggling stakeholders, strategy and logistics to achieve desired outcomes—understanding the big picture while keeping an eye on every detail.
- You’re a superstar communicator who can rally support and understanding of the project to the public.
- You have strong knowledge of and personal passion for the arts, including poetry and/or jazz.
- You have a BA or MA in an arts-related field and/or 3+ years as an arts leader, ideally with some experience in schools, summer camps or other arts education settings.
- You have reliable transportation for site visits, and can work flexible hours including weekdays, weekends and evenings.
- You want to make a difference through the arts!
A little bit about us:
- Our offices are located in the thriving cultural district of Newark, NJ.
- We’re a passionate team made stronger by our diverse backgrounds, personalities, and skills.
- We care deeply about our mission and its impact on our community.
- We offer free yoga classes, wellness workshops and opportunities to volunteer in the community.
- We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please e-mail résumé, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line PROJECT DIRECTOR.
If your application meets our needs, we’ll reach out to continue the process. Thanks for your interest! We look forward to hearing from you.
NJPAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer