The team at NJPAC changes lives every day—through our world-class artistic performances, educational programs and public outreach efforts. Join us and become a part of the exciting cultural renaissance happening right now in Newark, New Jersey.
In the part-time Project Coordinator role, you’ll assist with the launch a brand-new educational initiative that celebrates jazz and poetry in the city of Newark. City Verses: Elevating Voices Through Jazz and Poetry is a three-year, multi-faceted collaboration between NJPAC and Rutgers-Newark that will include in-school and community residencies led by teaching artists, touring assemblies, community poetry workshops and public events.
If you’re passionate about the arts, have a strong administrative background, and are looking for an opportunity to make a mark on our city—this is the role for you.
- You’ll be our go-to person for all administrative and organizational aspects of City Verses, including event logistics, program calendars, meeting coordination, school database, file management, faculty roster, ticket requests, expense reports, invoicing and general office assistance.
- You’ll act as our communications hub, collecting and distributing information to our project team, partners, faculty and stakeholders.
- You’ll facilitate and attend planning meetings, site visits and performances.
- You’ll coordinate video and photo distribution and archiving for all final performances and special events.
- You’ll assist the Project Director in maintaining and cultivating relationships with schools, teaching artists and community members.
- You’ll be our payroll wizard, tracking faculty hours and expense sheets to make sure our teaching artists are paid correctly and on time.
Qualifications and Special Requirements:
- You’re personally passionate about the arts, which may include poetry and/or jazz.
- You love logistics—nothing makes you happier than a clean spreadsheet or a perfectly organized calendar.
- You’re flexible and can adjust to frequently shifting priorities.
- Your attention to detail is out of this world—you’d never send an email with a typo or distribute a document with outdated information.
- You’re comfortable communicating with folks from a wide range of organizations in a wide range of roles, from artists to CEOs.
- Your computer skills are strong! You can juggle Word, Excel, Google Docs and PowerPoint without batting an eye. (And if you have experience with ArtsVision, we can’t wait to meet you…)
- You have a BA in a business or arts related field, or equivalent experience.
- You have reliable transportation for site visits, and can work flexible hours including weekdays, weekends and evenings.
- You want to make a difference through the arts!
A little bit about us:
- Our offices are located in the thriving cultural district of Newark, NJ.
- We’re a passionate team made stronger by our diverse backgrounds, personalities, and skills.
- We care deeply about our mission and its impact on our community.
- We offer free yoga classes, wellness workshops and opportunities to volunteer in the community.
- We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please e-mail résumé, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line PROJECT COORDINATOR.
If your application meets our needs, we’ll reach out to continue the process. Thanks for your interest! We look forward to hearing from you.
NJPAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer