The AAWW seeks a Programs Manager - a critical member of the senior leadership team who will be responsible for conceptualizing and executing the Workshop's overall programming strategy. This position will report to the Executive Director.
- Develop, oversee, and implement AAWW's overarching programming strategy, ensuring that all programs align with organizational vision and mission. The Programs Manager is also responsible for generating new ideas for how to increase audience engagement and build community across all areas of programming.
- Motivate and manage programming team, establishing systems of communication and workflow needed to ensure steady and consistent calendars of programming. As primary supervisor, responsibilities include ensuring team's success in creating and executing programming; sharing professional development opportunities as needed; and providing annual performance evaluations.
- Oversee day to day operations of programming, with three major areas of focus:
- Manage and oversee all Fellowship programs, including Margins and Open City Fellows. Responsibilites include but are not limited to: program execution, calendar development, building community among current and past fellows, and acting as central point person for all fellows.
- Curate a dynamic calendar of public programming, including developing internal systems and processes for conception and execution of public events/workshops.
- Oversee CreatNow Community Workshops, including management of existing sites and exploring expansion opportunities.
- Coordinate cross-departmental collaborations including but not limited to: exploring ways that programming can interact with AAWW editorial efforts and developing digital strategies with digital communications coordinator.
- Develop and maintain external partnerships, leveraging strategic collaborative opportunities to enhance AAWW programming.
- Provide organizational management support, including but not limited to: creating materials for grant proposals, applications, and reports; developing and managing programming budget each fiscal year; and providing materials and participating in quarterly Board Meetings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3–5 years relevant experience.
- Interest in literature, programming, and using programming to build community.
- Demonstrated experience managing and executing a successful calendar of programming that builds an engaged and expanding audience.
- Demonstrated experience creating sound systems and processes for events/programming workflow.
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with and/or demonstrated interest in writing pedagogy and education.
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Multi-tasking is a must - you will be managing a number of priorities at the same time!
- Flexible, creative team player willing to step into whatever is required to get the job done.
- Existing relationships and connections in the literary world are a plus.
Salary is commensurate with experience. The AAWW offers a strong benefits package including a generous vacation policy and fully-covered health insurance. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will temporarily be a remote position as the AAWW staff continues to telecommute.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following subject line: FULL NAME - Programs Manager.