The National Book Foundation, presenter of the National Book Awards, is seeking a part-time Programs Coordinator. This is a grant-funded position, focusing on a forthcoming new program that aims to highlight diverse books that deepen readers’ understanding of science and technology, as well as additional public program support as needed.
The new program will be housed under the Foundation’s Public Programs umbrella, NBF Presents, which in tandem with the Foundation’s Education & Access initiatives, aim to reach readers everywhere through a robust slate of local and national programs, cultivating meaningful discourse through literature for audiences of all ages.
This is a grant-funded, temporary position based in New York, September 2021–April 2022, with the possibility of extension. The Programs Coordinator will report to the Senior Manager, Public Programs. This position is based in New York, though may begin remotely as needed.
- Support programmatic timelines and calendars, ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Support logistics and outreach for large-scale events, initiatives, and campaigns, including conducting relevant research, maintaining event details, and spearheading audience development.
- Assist in updating and editing programmatic and marketing materials, including itineraries, one-sheets, press releases, and web.
- Track program activities in collaboration with ongoing organization development, fundraising, and reporting efforts and goals.
- Organize and track supplies and materials, including book orders, book donations, program invoices/accounting, catering orders, etc.
- Additional administrative responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications: We are looking for applicants with a strong background in arts and cultural and/or nonprofit program administration, with outstanding organizational skills, high attention to detail, and ability to work efficiently within a tight implementation timeline. Applicants should have demonstrated experience working with diverse communities. A contagious love for reading is a must. The Programs Coordinator will work 25 hours per week; schedule will be adjusted as needed to account for program activities taking place outside of regular office hours. Evening and weekend work is occasionally required.
Compensation: This is a part-time position of 25 hours per week. The Programs Coordinator will be paid $25 per hour, including paid holidays/office closures.
To apply for the position: send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line Programs Coordinator. Please indicate any scheduling constraints in your cover letter. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. No phone calls, please.
The National Book Foundation is committed to inclusivity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, nationality, marital status, parental status, military service, or disability.