Founded in 1974, Centrum produces multi-disciplinary artist workshops, intensives, and residencies on 434 acres of parkland at Fort Worden State Park on Puget Sound in the Victorian seaport community of Port Townsend, Washington. As we plan for our 50th anniversary in 2023, we seek a creative Program Manager for Writing who has a vision for growing and sustaining a vibrant year-round creative writing program. Centrum currently hosts 165 writers each July for the Port Townsend Writers’ Conference, which was established in 1974. In addition, Centrum hosts a high school writers’ workshop as well as winter, spring, and autumn writing programs in special topics, each of which serve around 15–25 participants.
Centrum produces weeklong workshops and residencies year-round with a staff of 14 full-time and 7 part-time staff.
The development of writing programs shall align with the strategic goals of Centrum and be determined in collaboration with the Executive Director and fellow Program Managers. Ideal candidates will attract faculty artists and creative practitioners while overseeing the administration, promotion, and community engagement activities for all our writing programs. Competitive candidates will offer a strong network in regional and national author communities. This is a senior staff position.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of three years of experience in writing, communication, marketing, or program implementation.
- A deep-rooted love of literature and devotion to the support of development of authors of all ages.
- Experience in management of arts programs, preferably with an interdisciplinary focus.
- A passion for the arts across disciplines and a strong commitment to supporting emerging individuals.
- Excellent social skills and an ability to work proactively with artists and liaise with donors, sponsors, and other professional colleagues.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Must be willing and able to work weekends and evenings when needed.
- Some travel required.
- Successful completion of a background check.
Visit http://centrum.org/employment/ for the full job description and to learn about us.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Centrum Foundation, Human Resources; PO Box 1158, Port Townsend, WA 98368, (360) 385-3102, Ext. 121.