Writers in the Schools (WITS) is seeking a full-time Program Manager. The Program Manager will join a dynamic team of nonprofit administrators, creative thinkers, arts educators, writers, and artists. For more information about the organization, visit witshouston.org.
The Program Manager reports to the Executive Director and Associate Director. The position is full-time (40 hours/week) with some evening and weekend events, and comes with a generous benefits package.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have WITS teaching experience, either at WITS Houston or another WITS program, or something similar.
- Have nonprofit administration experience and/or experience working with teaching artists.
- Possess administrative and organizational skills.
- Have a desire to connect with Houston’s diverse community, including working with school leaders, families, community partners, and children.
- Recognize and be able to address the needs of a wide variety of colleagues and constituents.
- Enjoy a nuanced understanding of literature, art, and education.
- Solve problems with creativity, efficiency, and a sense of justice.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of database and office software applications.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health, Life, Dental, and Disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Professional development opportunities
- Paid vacation and personal time off
- Creative, inspiring, and supportive work environment
To apply, please submit a résumé or CV and a cover letter to Jack McBride:
Mail: 1523 West Main Street, Houston, Texas, 77006