Mass Poetry seeks a Program Assistant Intern for the Spring 2020 semester (January–May) to support the Education Director in their work. This role has a January start date and has the possibility to extend beyond the Spring 2020 semester.
The position requires approximately 10–12 hours per week. Pay is $350/month.
The Program Assistant Intern is responsible for:
- Curating the bi-weekly Poem of the Moment series
- Crafting and scheduling bi-weekly articles on the Mass Poetry website
- Drafting the bi-weekly Mass Poetry newsletter
- Researching poetry events and updating the Statewide Poetry Calendar
- Highlighting monthly Poets in the Spotlight
- Maintaining the New Books & Interviews webpage
- Managing Mass Poetry’s Facebook and Twitter presence
- Managing Mass Poetry’s general information email account.
- Performing outreach and promotion for the bi-monthly U35 Reading Series and other events
- Hosting the bi-monthly U35 Reading Series
- Taking an active role in any one-off events or contests (e.g. the fundraiser Raise Your Verse; managing submissions for a public poetry project)
- Occasionally assisting on-site at middle or high schools with Poet in Residence placements and Student Days of Poetry
Additionally, he or she will work on other tasks as assigned - duties will vary, as the Education Director’s work covers a range of projects and responsibilities.
Mass Poetry holds events throughout the year, including The Massachusetts Poetry Festival, An Evening of Inspired Leaders, Student Days of Poetry and the bi-monthly U35 Reading Series. Assistance at all events is required.
The ideal candidate is motivated and detail oriented with a professional and positive demeanor and excellent communication skills. He or she will also have experience in outreach and event promotion as well as website maintenance. Mass Poetry is a small organization, and we are looking for someone whose work will really make a difference.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to being a multicultural organization. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
If interested, please apply at https://forms.gle/FwUW2dd4Y8fp1U639 by December 16, 2019 with a resume, cover letter and brief writing sample. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.