Mascot Books is a full-service hybrid publisher dedicated to helping authors professionally create a high quality printed or digital book that matches their vision. With comprehensive editorial, design, production, marketing, and distribution services, our authors have the support of an experienced publishing team.
We're seeking a production editor who is comfortable taking on new challenges and has a passion for books.
- Manage the production of a high volume of titles per year across a variety of genres, including business, current affairs, adult and YA fiction, self-help, fitness and wellness, coffee table and cookbooks, and children's picture books
- Work directly with authors, illustrators, editors, and graphic designers to coordinate all aspects of a book's development from concept to print
- Provide comprehensive guidance to authors throughout every step of the production process—including editing, design, and printing—informed by current market trends as well house and industry standards
- Create and maintain publishing timelines for each title
- Vet, contract, and supervise freelancers and maintain contract budgets
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in English, Communications, or a related field
- 2–5 years of client relations experience
- 2–5 years of professional editing experience
- 2–5 years of publishing experience a strong plus
- Candidate should be a strong editor; familiar with The Chicago Manual of Style, industry standards, and overall writing structures; and able to provide editorial feedback on manuscripts from various genres
- Candidate must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, extremely well-organized, and a creative problem solver
- Candidate should be able to prioritize competing tasks, meet deadlines, effectively multitask, and handle high priority projects as they arise
- Candidate should have excellent written and verbal communication skills
Due to COVID-19, the Mascot Books office is currently remote. However, this is traditionally a full time, in-office position. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.