We’re seeking a full-time team member with strong organizational and writing skills to join our production team. Experience with product development and safety compliance protocols will be a plus.
Job responsibilities include:
- Research new products online, vet vendors, obtain samples and quotations
- Collaborate with Editorial and Design teams to develop projects to specs
- Establish contact and maintain relationships with overseas suppliers
- Organization and presentation of sample and quotation material.
- Set up and maintain item records, including purchasing, tracking, and billing
- Liaise with suppliers
Safety Compliance and Testing Oversight
- Research safety compliance requirements for all new products
- Keep current on all compliance and testing requirements.
- Arrange testing of new products
- Arrange annual testing of existing products
- Custom testing as needed
- Liaise with testing companies for estimations, follow-ups, and results.
- Maintain current records on server
- Oversee compliance text on all products.
HTS Code Oversight
- Research HTS codes for all products, keep current
- Maintain records
- Liaise with Customs Brokers and CPB as needed
Good writing, organizational, and communication skills are required. Attention to detail, solid computer skills (especially in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook) a must.
About Our Company
PETER PAUPER PRESS, founded in 1928, is one of America’s leading publishers of children’s activity and picture books, interactive journals and organizers, artist’s books and supplies, stationery and journals, jigsaw puzzles, holiday cards, gift books, and inspirational card decks. We publish approximately 250 books and ancillary products per year.
This exciting position offers room for growth, and seeing your own ideas become products. The variety of tasks and challenges keeps work interesting. Peter Pauper Press offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package in a friendly and creative work environment.