At Serial Box we artfully blend together the best of series television and the convenience of e-books and audiobooks to bring readers a new form of storytelling. We deliver thrilling episodes straight to the user’s digital device to be read or listened to anytime, anywhere, using own in-house developed content and licensed works from Marvel and other top-tier properties.
We’re seeking someone who’s a skilled copyeditor (with experience copyediting novels) and who also wants to flex other muscles or develop other skills. This full-time position is based in NYC and reports to the production director.
- A skilled copyeditor and proofreader
- A strong writer and communicator
- Extremely organized and able to balance many projects and deadlines at once
- Efficient and flexible
- A proactive team player who loves being a part of a small, nimble, and very fast-moving startup
- Curious and excited to learn
- Attentive to detail
- Passionate about storytelling
Major responsibilities include:
- Acting as an in-house copy editor, copyediting novel-length serials with a quick turnaround time
- Communicating with authors and proofreaders
- Copyediting, reviewing, and shepherding a manuscript into its final state
- Maintaining reference and promotional materials including series bibles, proposals, and presentation materials
- Writing and/or editing series and brand copy
- Maintaining consistent style within our brand copy and online presence
- Updating the website and metadata on retailers
- Tackling other production and content tasks as time allows
- Required: Experience copyediting full-length novel manuscripts
- 2+ years experience copyediting and/or proofreading
- Super experienced with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and updating websites using a CMS is a plus but not required
Apply at: serialbox.com/careers.
Benefits: Serial Box offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, health, dental, vision, commuter benefits, health/wellness benefits, a professional development budget, and a generous vacation and sick policy.
Serial Box is a digital entertainment platform (audio and publishing) based in NYC.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Serial Box not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.