Workman Publishing is seeking a full-time photo researcher to join a busy and creative photo department that brings the wonder of photography to a wide range of calendars and books about travel, nature, art, fashion, cooking, cocktails, history, humor, pop culture, animals, birds, gardens, sports, lifestyle, mindfulness, yoga, and diversity. Candidate must be familiar with photo agencies and photographers and have good working relationships with the major publishing houses. We are looking for someone who has a strong visual sensibility and enjoys researching a variety of subjects. A love of photography and a sense of humor are likewise essential!
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You’re a highly visual person with an understanding of how projects can be both commercial and beautiful.
- You thrive on independent work but love to collaborate with colleagues in the photo, design, editorial, and production departments.
- You can keep track of—and stay on top of—multiple projects; this position involves looking at thousands of photographs, so you must be able to stay focused and organized.
- You can see the big picture, but you’re also a detail-oriented perfectionist.
- You are a great listener who responds thoughtfully to feedback.
- You have great communication skills.
- You want to learn and grow in a company that values input from all staff.
- Minimum of 3 years of industry experience
- Advanced skill level in Adobe Acrobat, Bridge, Photoshop, Lightroom, FileMaker, and Excel
- Solid relationships with the major photo agencies
- Knowledge of licensing and industry practices an absolute requirement
- Photo, Art, or Liberal Arts Degree
Workman Publishing is steadfast in its commitment to innovation, creativity, inclusion, and excellence. Our focus is to create a diverse and supportive environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All are welcome, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any of the characteristics that make each of us wonderfully unique. With a role at our company, you’ll be part of an amazing team!
The position is remote until our office in Manhattan reopens, although interested candidates must reside in NY, NJ, or CT.
Please send your résumé and a brief cover letter, mentioning a Workman book or calendar that has photography you admire, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We apologize in advance, but not all applicants will receive a response.