Summary: The Permissions Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Digital Programs/CTO and the Senior Web Editor in a variety of database and communications tasks to process permissions agreements in support of the Foundation’s website archive of over 40,000 poems. This part-time position reports to the CTO and assists the Senior Web Editor with editorial responsibilities related to online programming.
Details of the Role:
- Track permissions requests and rights information permissions database, including entering data about contracts, rights holders, and poem sources.
- Coordinate payment of permissions contracts and develop on-going relationships with permissions staff at publishing houses.
- Act as a point of contact for publishers, journalists, and editors inquiring about permissions.
Research and Editorial:
- Research holidays, anniversaries, and forthcoming publication dates.
- Assist with reading published poetry collections for archive consideration.
- Create pages and categorize poems within the CMS for the online archive.
- Write and edit website poet biographies as needed.
- Manage transcripts for select audio programs.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Strong Filemaker database skills.
- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks and assignments accurately.
- Ability to work independently and maintain regular work schedule.
- Strong project management and organization skills.
- Familiarity and interest in contemporary poetry.
- Excellent phone and customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Some experience with negotiation.
BA/BS degree in English or Library Science preferred. Experience in the world of publishing permissions and rights a plus. This is a part-time, non-exempt, hourly position.
About the Foundation: The Poetry Foundation, publisher of Poetry magazine, is an independent literary organization committed to a vigorous presence for poetry in our culture. It exists to discover and celebrate the best poetry and to place it before the largest possible audience. The Poetry Foundation works to raise poetry to a more visible and influential position in our culture. The Foundation seeks to be a leader in shaping a receptive climate for poetry by developing new audiences, creating new avenues for delivery, and encouraging new kinds of poetry.
Equal Opportunity: The Poetry Foundation values the perspectives and talents of a diverse staff and is committed to creating a workplace where employees thrive both personally and professionally. The Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, color, age, pregnancy, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other bases protected by law.
No phone calls, please.
To apply, please visit: https://poetryfoundation.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=41.
Deadline for Applications: August 9, 2019
For more information, visit www.poetryfoundation.org.