The Program Coordinator supports the successful implementation of all of Lambda Literary’s programs for LGBTQ writers. In this multifaceted role, the Program Coordinator ensures smooth membership operations, supports a variety of programs for writers at all stages of their careers, and maintains our Los Angeles office. This is a perfect role for someone looking to develop the skills needed to build a career in the nonprofit literary arts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Donor management: Maintain accurate records of funders, both individual and institutional, tracking and acknowledging all payments, creating reports on campaigns or donor behavior, as needed. Must be comfortable and agile at migrating or manually coalescing data between a variety of systems (PayPal, MobileCause, DonorPerfect, etc.) without introducing error.
Accounts receivable support: Tracks and deposits donations, manages program-related payments, and ensures that all items are paid on time.
Communications support: Manage general mailboxes, responding to inquiries from the public, and maintain positive relationships with all who contact Lambda Literary. Ensure the integrity of a rapidly expanding and segmented mailing list in Constant Contact.
Support operations for Lambda Literary Awards, the Emerging Writers Retreat, and a weeklong literary festival, Lambda LitFest.
Provide administrative support & onsite event coordination.
Related Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge and passion for contemporary LGBTQ writing
- Experience maintaining donor/membership records (DonorPerfect experience prefered)
- Exceptional organizational, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- A keen eye for detail and project management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Google Suite and MS Office software products
- The capacity to multitask and manage multiple projects and assignments
- Ability to handle proprietary or sensitive information about the process with discretion
- Experience editing content in WordPress or similar content management system preferred
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20.00 /hour