FWW seeks a motivated outreach and programming intern with a deep appreciation for creative writing, interest in taking a driver’s seat in growing our social media presence, and experience in a writing related field.
This person should like meeting new people and hope to develop skills in submitting and pitching to publications and program administration. Tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- Social media management (Twitter and Facebook)
- Grant research and writing
- Assistance with event prep (Brooklyn Book Festival, happy hours, etc.)
- Updating the blog and website regularly through Squarespace
- Drafting media pitches
- General administrative support (creating and distributing fliers, sending follow up and collections emails, keeping track of rosters, and organizing the course calendar)
You might be someone hoping to learn more about the world of non-academic creative writing education. The ideal candidate might be a writing student, a freelance writer, or a writer with an evening gig looking to boost their CV and spend some time in an office with another writer every week.
This internship will operate throughout our season of scheduled workshops (September 8–May 28) and require 12 hours per week (ideally three 4-hour half days or two 6-hour days, Tuesday–Thursday) at Fledgling HQ in Crown Heights, BK.*
This is a paid opportunity ($900 monthly stipend) with room to grow.
Find out how to apply here: http://www.fledglingworkshops.com/work-with-fledgling.