The Department of English at Kent State University invites applications for the position of Non-Tenure Track Assistant Lecturer/Assistant Professor with a specialization in Creative Writing and Fiction to begin August 2023.
The successful candidate will teach a variety of undergraduate courses, workshops and seminars in fiction, as well as in a secondary genre such as creative nonfiction, narrative medicine, graphic narrative, young adult fiction, game design, or screenwriting. Depending on the record of publication, the successful candidate may also teach graduate courses. Applicants must hold an MFA or PhD in Creative Writing, have a publication record in two genres, and teaching experience, preferably at the university level. This position will support our undergraduate creative writing program, and advising students and overseeing the undergraduate literary magazine Luna Negra will be a part of this role, with possible release time available.
- M.F.A. or Ph.D. in Creative Writing, with a specialization in fiction.
- Strong record of published creative work in fiction (novel or short story collection), with publications in a secondary genre, and potential for continuing development as a writer.
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness.
- Experience teaching creative writing focused courses, in person or online.
- Experience in the creation and maintenance of equitable and inclusive learning spaces.
Applications need to submitted by April 3, 2023. A complete application includes (1) a letter of application, (2) a curriculum vitae, and (3) the names and email addresses of at least three references. After initial review, letters of recommendation will be requested from the references for selected applicants. Student evaluations and additional materials may be submitted upon request.
Questions related to the job or the application should be directed to the Search Committee Chair, Professor Catherine Wing, firstname.lastname@example.org.