Workman Publishing is seeking a detail-oriented sales assistant with a can-do attitude to join its fast-paced National Accounts sales team, which works with Barnes & Noble, Books-a-Million, Ingram, Baker & Taylor, Calendar Club, and Barnes & Noble College. Reporting to the Executive Director of National Accounts and Associate Director of National Accounts, this is an exciting opportunity to learn and manage a wide array of important and highly visible responsibilities for the sales department and learn about the inner workings of a dynamic publishing sales team.
- Provide essential sales support to sales team, including running sales reports and creating sales materials, internal order processing and tracking, and sending samples to accounts as needed
- Schedule and provide support for national accounts sell-ins
- Attend regular in-house sales presentations and occasional customer-specific sales meetings
- Liaise between key national accounts, publishing offices, production, customer service, and credit on a regular basis
- Strong interest in book publishing and sales
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple assignments and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; ability to learn new systems
- 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience
Workman Publishing is steadfast in its commitment to innovation, creativity, inclusion, and excellence. Our focus is to create a diverse and supportive environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All are welcome, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any of the characteristics that make each of us wonderfully unique. With a role at our company, you’ll be part of an amazing team!
Please send a cover letter with your résumé to email@example.com. We apologize in advance, but not all applicants will receive a response.
The position is remote until our office in Manhattan reopens although interested candidates must reside in either NY, NJ, CT, or NC.