Mascot Books is a hybrid publisher dedicated to helping authors at all stages of their publishing journey create a high quality printed or digital book that matches their vision. With comprehensive editorial, design, marketing, production, and distribution services, our authors have the support of an experienced publishing team throughout all stages of the process.
We’re currently looking for a marketing and social media associate who is comfortable taking on new challenges and has a passion for books!
- Work collaboratively with other members of the marketing department to create and execute corporate social media and web content strategy
- Write, edit, and post blogs, articles, and features on mascotbooks.com
- Interface with authors about best practices for marketing their books
- Create and distribute audience-targeted marketing materials
- Research new engagement opportunities for authors and Mascot Books (e.g., trade shows, festivals, and/or events)
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- Excellent writing and editing skills across a range of audiences and mediums, especially online (blog, social, and web)
- Familiarity with and activity on social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Ability to learn quickly and work both independently and collaboratively
- Talented idea generator and creative problem-solver
- Ability to communicate clearly, confidently, and professionally via phone and e-mail
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, Microsoft Office suite, and online cloud tools (Google Drive, Dropbox)
- Experience with WordPress CMS and Hootsuite a plus
This position is full-time and offers paid time off, health, dental, vision, 401k, as well as the opportunity for career advancement. Candidates must live in the DMV and have reliable transportation (no metro access).