Mascot Books, a rapidly growing book publishing company located in Herndon, Virginia, is in search of a marketing professional to join our team.
Marketing Managers are primarily responsible for developing and executing literary marketing plans for our authors, maintaining positive author relations, and assisting with corporate marketing efforts and initiatives. We're looking for an individual who is comfortable taking on new challenges, working directly with clients, and has a passion for books!
- Interface directly with authors and provide regular updates on marketing engagements
- Draft pitches, press releases, and electronic press kits for media outreach
- Write website copy for author platforms and upcoming new releases
- Assist with corporate content marketing, including executing marketing outreach on behalf of company; generating original, industry-based blog and social media content; and utilizing quarterly newsletter and catalog of select titles to increase awareness of company
- Research/catalog media, events, and review outlets for authors
- Complete outreach on behalf of authors in support of their books
- Strategize with full internal marketing department on corporate initiatives
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and excellent time management
- Clear, confident, and professional communication via phone and email
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills
- Ability to learn quickly and work both independently and collaboratively
- Creative idea-generation and problem-solving abilities
- Familiarity and activity on social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, Microsoft Office Suite, and online cloud tools (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.)
- 1–5 years of customer service and marketing experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, English, or related field required
The position begins immediately and is full-time. Candidates must have transportation to our office. No metro access.