The Marketing Internship will focus largely on social media marketing for PEN/Faulkner, though a range of other marketing responsibilities—from photography to video editing—may come into play, depending on candidate qualifications. The Marketing Intern will act as a steward (in partnership with PEN/Faulkner’s full-time staff) of the organization’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts and generally contribute to the ongoing marketing efforts of the organization.
- Creating 8–10 posts per week for PEN/Faulkner’s social media accounts.
- Responding to comments on questions on social media accounts once per day.
- Managing real-time social media engagement during occasional events.
Tasks may also include, given the appropriate skill sets:
- Event photography
- Video capture and editing
- Graphic design
The ideal candidate has:
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- An interest in marketing.
- The ability and drive to work independently and as part of a team.
- A passion for literature and learning.
- High level of proficiency with the GSuite platform.
- A willingness to take risks, accept feedback, and grow.
- A good sense of humor.
*Mandatory Orientation Date: Saturday, September 7*
Required Hours: 10–12 hours/week, not all of which need to be performed at the PEN/Faulkner office.
Send an email (noting the position you are applying for in the subject line) with a current resume, cover letter, and the following writing sample to email@example.com.
Write at least three tweets for the PEN/Faulkner account. These can be:
- Sales-focused (promoting an upcoming event).
- A response to a recent tweet @penfaulkner.
- Original tweets that respond to literary conversations we ought to be part of.