Marketing and Sales Manager
The University of New Mexico Press, the largest book publisher in the state of New Mexico, has an outstanding opportunity for a visionary and ambitious marketing and sales professional to lead a dedicated team and spearhead the Press’s growth. Reporting to the Director of the Press, the Marketing and Sales Manager is a crucial part of Press management, responsible for helping craft our strategic growth as one of the largest publishers in the West. The Marketing and Sales Manager will supervise a dedicated staff with day-to-day oversight of all marketing, publicity, advertising, social media, and sales activity at the Press. This role provides strong management, strategy, and integrated sales and marketing expertise to the organization; develops, leads, and implements marketing and sales strategies and sales programs, activities, and initiatives; and oversees, manages, and coordinates the activities of internal support staff, as well as external distributors, contractors, and reps operating on a commissioned and/or fee-based agreement. This is an on-site position based on the Albuquerque main campus of the University of New Mexico, the state’s flagship R1 research institution. The state of New Mexico is renowned for its natural beauty, abundant sunshine, rich history, and diverse intellectual and literary culture.
Bachelor's degree; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Ability to develop and maintain record-keeping systems and procedures.
- Ability to develop and implement comprehensive marketing goals, strategies, and plans.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Comprehensive knowledge of marketing principles, concepts, and methodologies.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Knowledge of market research and sales forecasting principles and methodologies.
- Ability to develop and manage sales and operating budgets.
- Ability to compile and analyze statistical data, draw inferences, and prepare strategic and operational reports and recommendations.
- Advanced direct sales skills.
- Ability to foster a cooperative environment and to work in a collegial fashion with peers in other organizational units.
- Skill in organizing resources, analyzing and solving problems, establishing priorities, and making evaluative judgements.
- Extensive knowledge of publishing principles, methods, and processes.
For additional information and to apply for the job please visit https://unm.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1...